Monday, January 28, 2008

I had sooo much fun Sunday!!!!!




I had so much fun yesterday. I was in at the Bottling Company in Historic Downtown Hattiesburg. Sunday was the first Quick Draw auction and silent auction with the South Mississippi Art Association and the AIDS service Coalition benefit to raise funds. Each artist was allowed to put in 5 pieces for a silent auction. We had one hour to draw, paint or whatever type of art the artist chooses to perform. After the hour, we had 15 min to frame our piece and bring it to the stage give, our name and a brief description of our piece and then a real auctioneer started the bidding. The biggest thing is worrying if anyone would bid on it. I had some bids and it sold to a nice man for his wife who has a cat that looked like the one I painted. I also had three of my five paintings in the silent auction sell. YEA. I was able to meet some nice people and I would have loved to watch them work, as there were some great looking work put up for auction.

No comments: