Friday, August 7, 2009

Watermelon and salt shaker



oil 8x10

I did two paintings of a watermelon and salt shaker one to go for a silent auctions at my hubby's work. 100% of the proceeds go to a trust fund for children of highway workers that were killed while on the job. Please remember to slow down when going threw a work zone as this kind of accident does happen.
I really think I'm getting better on my watermelons compared to the first one I did which you will never see. hehe.
Update 10/30/09 I entered this one in the VAA show and won an honarable mention with this painting out of 24 entries. YEA!

2 comments:

jules said...

This is lovely and makes me want a slice of watermelon with a little salt, (which I've found not a lot of people do)

Also, I saw a cat and pumpkins scroll across the screen while I typed this and they were fantastic!

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Thank you for the comment. Everey one we know uses the salt I gues its what you grow up using on your melon.