Friday, September 25, 2009

#5 8x10
This one I really enjoyed doing and I would like to find a vase like this to do again. The green leaves look a little weak but the wandering Jew did better. Still one I really want to retouch.
#4 8x10

#3 8x 10 (#2 was so bad I just couldn't take a picture.)


#1 (11x14)
Well it has been a while since I have put anything up as most of the work has been at school. I did take the painting class for this fall semester and have been really enjoying it. As you can see it is very different from what I have done in the past. I am trying to get my feet with the oils on the mason boards It is very slick and the paint slides around. Also as some one who is used to working in layers and using glazes this one shot with the brush is way out of my comfort zone and now I have them home to photograph I'm just dying to go in and tweak it with a little glazing. I will not touch I will not touch.

3 comments:

Lisa King said...

Don't touch! Once that stuff dries on that masonite, you're done. Touch ups on that stuff just don't do.

Your new paintings are wonderful. I have been going over to the classroom and admiring them. I think they are wonderful. They are different from your prior work, but they are still very nice. No touch ups needed.

Lisa King said...

Oh, yeh, I meant to say that I love that little painting with the brick, tater vines, and tiny vase. I saw it in person and this photo does not do it justice. None of these photos do these paintings justice.

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

I know Ms A wants to rap my fingers. I thought she would have a heart attack when I said I wanted to put a glaze on my brick.LOL.