Monday, November 24, 2008

Hand painted Christmas tree ornament of a cat



Here is first for me a Christmas tree ornament. The VAA was asked by Mr. David who has the Martha Vick House in Vicksburg. He has a cat called Orangie Louise and wanted to have a Christmas tree for her with ornaments with her on them. I was afraid It would never be done after being very careful with the glass ball I was given I was getting ready to photograph it when disaster hit. I dropped it and it shattered to pieces. I tried to paint on two of the balls I had from home and they were much thinner ant two broke in my hand. Hubby saved the day, went to the store, and found some plastic ones and I was able to do it all over a gain. Therefore, here is my second one that did make it to the blog. It was kind of fun.
(By the way, this little house is packed with history. http://www.marthavickhouse.com/
Please go see if you are ever in the area.)

No comments: