Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The upside down painting




Acrylic 5x7 $30.00


Karin had a real winner this week and another great challenge. I have painted more people in the last few weeks than I have ever painted in years. This is good as it forces me to give it a go. In fact, I was surprised at how this turned out. I tried to just look at the shapes and not be caught up in my one hair detail mode. It also helped that I did it upside down. It was hard not to take the canvas and turn it around. When I had finished and did turn it around, I was pleasantly surprised. It looks a lot looser than my other stuff and it really looks like a person walking down a street. True she looks like she is walking in boats but you can tell it is a woman and not a stick.

Check out the Different Strokes for Different Folks link is on the side. There is some great artist there.

1 comment:

Lisa King said...

This is the kind of thing that keep you on your toes! The girl in the picture reminds me of Cindy.