Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blackbird Study Acrylic 6 X 6



Tomorrow is the Quick Draw with the South MS Art Association in Hattiesburg for the Aids Service Coalition and 121 Haven House benefit.
I did this last year and this is the second year for the group to do this. It was a lot of fun but a little scary with every one coming around watching you work. Being an artist is usually a solitary job or shared with others in a class. Last year I did a watercolor of a ginger cat and this year I will attempt an acrylic 11 x 14. We all have one hour to produce a piece of art in the medium of our choice and frame if it needs framing and a real auctioneer will try to get the crowd excited and bidding on our pieces.
Last year we had works in oil, watercolor, pastel, colored pencil, material, mixed media, and wood turning and they all were beautiful.
The above painting is my practice run it took me three hours on this little 6 X 6. YEEEEEEEEE I hope I can go faster on a bigger one!!! I am so nit picky.

1 comment:

Nancy Eaton said...

Just Beautiful! Kinda reminds me of a bird painting I did in oil.
http://adventureswithpaint.blogspot.com/2008/01/totally-different-but-fun.html -- check it out!