Monday, January 26, 2009

Quick Draw 2009 Jan in MS 11x14

Laura shown here working on her rooster this picture and the one below was shown in the Hattiesburg American newspaper under the photo gallery.
The woman in the bright red is also my bud Lisa, hard at work on her piece using bits and pieces found after Katrina went threw on the coast.
I was so into my painting I vaguely remember this guy saying don’t move just pretend I’m not here, then all I heard is this clicking of the shutter and was wondering when it was going to quit.

Here we are at the start of the horn. Lisa is at my side and Laura is up front hubby was my assistant (he did a great job changing out my water and cleaning my brushes when needed. Love ya hon.) and took this picture from up above. This was a really cool place if ever you get a chance and in Hattiesburg go by the Bottling Co.



Bad picture but this is the finished product




Well I survived the quick draw yesterday and it was a lot of fun but it was a lot smaller than last year with artist and guest there it seemed to me. I guess the economy is hurting everyone. I sold one small painting Nannies Knife and my blackbird came out OK and sold but not for as much as last year in the auction. At least I was able to cover my cost of the frames.

No comments: