Friday, July 30, 2010

Lash on the couch 16x20


Ok I thought I was going to melt when I was having hot flashes. This heat, 100+ with humidity is really bad. Look I sleep with the window cracked at 32 degrees and I am a happy camper. Hubby is over there shivering but he can just throw on another cat and he has his side of the electric blanket cranked up, I have my fan. With that said I'm really longing for winter right now can you tell.
Well I usually let the cats out on the front porch when I paint as they can get a little to curious and I have to go around the house and wipe paw prints off the floor. I use oil paint and that is not easy to get off them. Soooooooo I have not been busy with painting.
I do have a few new things I am working on but I don't want to show as I think it belongs in the burn pile. Do any of you have a burn pile? Work that you do but would not want any one to see? At this rate come fall I have enough for a bonfire.
So I thought I would post some of my older work in oils till it get s little cooler and I can let the cats outside on the porch.
This is a painting of Lash when he was a kitten, his eyes had not turned to the real emerald green and were a yellow green. He liked to lay on the back of my couch and look out the window and the quild is one that my mom made. It was nice to curl up in on a cold winter afternoon.
(If I talk about cold enough it may cool me off)

4 comments:

The JR said...

You are your worst critic. I bet the stuff you are saying should go to the burn pile is just fine.

Luv the picture of Lash.

Looking forward to some cooler weather too. But, have to say, I'm not a cold weather fan. Especially if it means 3 snows in MS during the winter. That was aweful.

Lisa King said...

I prefer the cooler weather myself. The sooner the better. I love that fall transition.

You know I have a burn pile. It is reserved for those masonite boards that are not too keen for being fixed. The canvas can be recycled with gesso thank goodness. At least those boards are cheap.

I like seeing the older work with the kittays. Check ya later, Tater.

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Hi Ramona yes there is a burn pile or one that gets stored away and forgotten. When I get it scanned in I'll show you one. Sometimes it is ones not completed.

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Hello Lisa had a good time the other night and glad you will be going to school this fall again. I envy you I really had so much fun I could be a professional student.
Have plenty of old pictures of work done in the 80's. I just hope I can get better.